Here are some of the basic steps involved in pressing Puer. I will share more information and some videos with you after I return to Seattle.
1. Prepare the Puer Mao Cha.
3. Steam the Puer tea.
4. Place the steamed leaves into a cloth wrapper and then tie the bag into a specific size and shape.
5. Press the cloth bag with the steamed leaves about 3 times.
6. Lay pressed cakes, wrapped in cloth, on tea racks.
7. After the pressed cakes cool enough, the cloth wrapper is removed and the cakes are laid on racks for further drying.