Floating Leaves Tea Home ---Shiuwen's Blog!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dong Ding Dong Pian

This is the first time that I have carried a Dong Pian Oolong from Taiwan. Dong Pian Oolong is harvested after the main winter Oolong is harvested.

When I first tasted this tea, I had mixed feelings about it. The rinsed leaves smelled vegetal. I am honestly not a fan of vegetal-tasting Oolongs. After I swallowed the first sip, a bouquet showed up in the tea that was so big that it took me by surprise. The vegetal note remained in the second infusion, but some floral notes and a hint of citrus showed up. The aftertaste was very big and obvious. I have to say that this is for sure not a "boring" tea.

I enjoy drinking this tea. It is different, a welcome change, and provides a unique experience. You may initially feel like this is just an OK tea, and then just a few seconds later, the huge bouquet will hit you with a nice surprise.

No comments: