Floating Leaves Tea Home ---Shiuwen's Blog!

Monday, January 25, 2016

Happy Year Of the Monkey!



The year of the monkey is coming and I am already feeling its energy! Monkeys are known for being smart, versatile and mischievous. This monkey year is also combined with the fire element. There will be a lot of surprises and adventures for sure!

Even with so much energy and so many unknowns for the upcoming year, I have never felt so ready to tackle the year ahead of me. With this being said, I would love to welcome and celebrate the new year with you, with good tea and good energy.

If you are in Seattle, please come join me for: 

Chinese New Year Celebration, Saturday February 6th, 1-3pm
Please join Kimberly Ivy of Embrace The Moon Taichi and Qigong School and me for a series of great activities to set up the right practice and energy for this coming new year. Two years ago, I went back to my Taichi/Qigong practice. I can't talk enough about how many benefits I am getting from these practices!

Activities will include:

-What is Chinese New Year? I will share fun stories about Chinese New Year, what food to eat, specific activities and preparations we all can easily do to welcome the coming new year!

-Qigong Exercises: What can we do for our health and spirit? Kimberly will teach you some simple, effective techniques to clean out the old, invite the new, strengthen and nourish your immune system for the dynamic changes at hand!

-Chinese Astrology: What does the Year of The Monkey have in store for us? Participants will learn about their animal signs and how their own sign relates to the monkey year.

-Chinese Gong Fu Tea: What kind of New Year's celebration doesn't include good tea?! I will serve traditional Chinese Gong Fu tea. It's a great way to bring relaxation to your body, mind and home. 

Everyone will receive red envelopes and some lucky Chinese calligraphy words for the New Year and access to a youtube link of the Qigong techniques for practices and review!
Location: Embrace The Moon 1716 NW Market St. Seattle WA 98107

$36/person. To register, please go to www.embracethemoon.com. Only 5 spots left!

Chinese New Year Celebration, Saturday February 6th, 3:15 to 5pm:
Making Chinese Dumplings: Chinese dumplings are one of the food items we eat for the new year. We believe it will bring us prosperity. They are delicious and fun to make! I plan to make pork/cabbage dumplings, and shrimp/chinese celery dumplings with you. We will cook some up and enjoy the dumplings we make together!

$30/person including ingredients. For those who sign up for the 1-3pm program, the discounted fee is $22. You have to register for this so that I know how many cooking materials to prepare. To register, please go to www.embracethemoon.com. Only 3 spots left!




1 comment:

Ms. Ainee C. Beland said...

I am happy to be a part of this small group of blogger and I am sorry to not be near enough to attend this New Year event. I wish always good things for you, Shiuwen. Take care.--Ainee