Floating Leaves Tea Home ---Shiuwen's Blog!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Taipei Taiwan, May 4th and 5th, 2012


It's good to be back in Taiwan. I was happy that when we arrived, the temperature was only about 70 degrees. My friends told me it had been raining for many days. They said the monsoon came early this year. Even though it was raining heavily, Konghai and I went out for a tour around Taipei.




We stopped by a tea friend's place. He told me that some Alishan tea was harvested before the rain and the weather conditions were good. He said that some Lishan tea was also ready to be picked but farmers were waiting for the rain to stop. He was very busy roasting tea for a competition, so we only tasted one kind of tea. I feel that the overall quality is better than the tea from the previous winter season.

The next day, two of my high school friends took Konghai and I to Muzha. We found a trail to hike. It was so beautiful out there, lots of trees with lots of sounds of birds and insects. My friend's daughter and Konghai had a great time exploring "the forest".

Later we found a teahouse and enjoyed some tea and snacks.

I was happy that I didn't arrange anything particular for the first couple of days. It felt good to just explore and to spend some time with my friends.

I will write about my Dong Ding trip in my next post.

No comments: