Floating Leaves Tea Home ---Shiuwen's Blog!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wistaria Teahouse, May 18th 2012

I used to visit Wistaria Teahouse when I attended university in Taipei. I remember it as peaceful and beautiful, a great space to get away from the hustle and bustle of Taipei.


For some people, Wistaria is more than just a teahouse. It has provided artists with a space to create and has provided political activists with a space to express their ideas.

Now when I return to Taiwan, I like to visit this beautiful teahouse. This year, I was grateful that the owner Mr. Zhou Yu spent some time with me when I visited (I noticed he also had two other tables to attend to). I enjoy Mr Zhou Yu's presence. He is very gentle and soft spoken. When we met, he was drinking an old loose leaf puer from his private reserve. I thanked him for sharing the tea with me. The tea was very soft and gentle. I asked him about the red label puer. He told me that among the 50's puer cakes, he thinks the red label is the best one. He talked a bit about brewing the tea and said that compared to the puer we were drinking, red label should have more flavor and the tea energy is stronger.






I am very excited to acquire a sample-size of this special red label tea and I look forward to sharing this rare puer with some of you.

1 comment:

Ms. Ainee C. Beland said...

Very nice, thank you.I just finished reviewing book title: Thousand Cranes by Yasunari Kawabata, as the story revolves around a Japanese tea house and the tea ceremony. Also, I became familiar with Sowing Moon Teahouse under construction Japan. You can view their site if of interest at:http://sowingthemoonteahouse.typepad.com/photos/japan_journal_/

Thank you and be well. Happy teas.